Monday, June 21, 2010

32 Weeks!

Another week, hooray! Today I had my weekly doctor appointment and my Mom and I were there for about 2 hours, which resulted in an afternoon filled with contractions. Lots to report on...

First, the doc examined my cervix and a slight change has taken place. In her words, "It is beginning to tilt". Nothing to be overly concerned about, but not the same as last week. As a precautionary measure, I received another round of steroid injections to assist any last minute lung development "just in case". I will go back tomorrow morning for the second dose. The doc also looked at the little lady on the ultrasound machine and she weighed in at 3lbs. 13 oz. She is right on track for her gestational age, and mighty cute, I might add!

We also had a crash course in diet management for gestational diabetes and learned how to use the blood sugar monitoring kit. I am suppose to check blood sugar levels four times a day to make sure I am on track. Lesson of the day: one must always have a protein with a carb to balance proper blood sugar. Hmmm...Interesting. Because I am a vegetarian this may be a challenge. The balancing act begins.

The rest of the day was filled with a delicious lunch made by Mom, TV, & knitting. Same story, different day! Ha! Our spirits are up and we are all getting very excited to welcome this special little girl into our lives.

4 comments:

  1. I think there is tons of protein in beans! I have a really good Bean and Cous Cous recipe that is super yummy, I'll have to give it to your mom so she can make it for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your Blog Elizabeth. What a great way to keep everyone updated. Keep those photos coming.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beans, cheese, Peanut butter & cottage cheese. Also, greek yogurt has about twice as much protein in it as regular, if you can stand the plain flavor add some fresh berries (or low-sugar jam) and have it for your afternoon snack. Whole-grain crackers and PB or plain graham crackers and PB make a good snack too. Those were some of the snack ideas I would give my GDM patients. Have your sister contact me if you have more questions :) Lindsay

    ReplyDelete
  4. 32 weeks hooray!!so glad she is still cooking!! =)

    ReplyDelete