Wednesday, June 30, 2010

A year ago...

This was a tough week for all of us a year ago. I was pregnant with our son and noticed spotting one night before bed. I was admitted to the hospital the following day with the news of preterm labor. Over the next two weeks we fought for that baby's life but the labor was too strong. I think about him everyday and wish the outcome was different. But, as the saying goes, "It is what it is". I know it's just a "date" on the calendar but I can't help reflect how much life can change in a year, let alone an instant.

As I write this, I am reminded of my little girl who kicks to the taste of morning breakfast! I already know she has a strong spirit. Next week marks a huge milestone for this pregnancy: 34 weeks. So, as I remember a time of loss and sorrow, I shift my thinking toward renewed hope a year later.

2 comments:

  1. Every day is a great step forward as your baby grows and gets stronger. She is really a lucky girl to have such loving parents. Rest well, she could use a little longer in the cooker. Anyway, there's not much happening out here. Love you, Dad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is not just a day on the calandar...you have every right to still be grieving over the loss of your son. I still grieve my lost child and I wasn't nearly as far along with mine. As for this little girl that you are carrying...she is going to be such a blessing. I am praying for you friend:)

    ReplyDelete