Friday, July 2, 2010

Baby "Stuff"

What's up with all the baby stuff?! I'm in uncharted territory!! Yesterday my Mom and Auntie Kris went to Babies R Us and registered us for all the baby essentials. From the Boppy to the Diaper Gennie, we now are equipped with all the baby "must haves". Thank you Mom & Kris! I do feel slightly overwhelmed with all the baby clothes...what do infants wear & when do they wear it?! I'm sure we will figure it out as it goes, but I thrive on preparation. We still need to sort through and organize all the clothes that were recently donated. Thank you Karrissa, Amber, Melissa, & Cory!

Gestational Diabetes Update: My blood sugar levels have been great, but I am still struggling with lack of weight gain. The GD diet is too healthy for pregnancy! This week, I added a protein shake twice a day, so hopefully that will give my body the boost it needs to add a few extra pounds. Today Michael made me an 800 calorie breakfast...3 eggs, english muffin with peanut butter, and a protein shake. We are determined to pack on the pounds for this little lady!

Busy weekend ahead...Saturday is our 7th anniversary. Just planning to get take out dinner and enjoy one another's company. On Sunday we are relocating bedrest to my parents' house. Since I am so close to being released, we thought it would be a nice change of pace to get out of the house. My sisters and their husbands will be there, so I can't wait to have the whole family together again. Happy 4th!

3 comments:

  1. Thanks Kris for leading the way through the endless aisles at Babies R Us. So many new things for babies! Whatever happened to my Bobby Mac car seat? Yes, we had car seats in the 1970's. Love you Elizabeth,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so exciting to read this blog and know the worst is over.....I'm sure you'll be glad to get "released" at some point. Released sounds sort of like a prison parole, doesn't it?
    Our thoughts and prayers are with you both!
    Can't wait to have you back cutting hair. I feel
    like I'm in hair hell. But enough about me.
    Much love
    Beckie

    ReplyDelete
  3. HI ELIZABETH! I AM SO EXCITED, OUR PRAYERS ARE BEING ANSWERED, SO WE'RE PRAYING THAT LITTLE ELEANOR AND MOMMY HAVE A SAFE AND HEALTHY DELIVERY NOW. WE CANNOT WAIT TO GET THE GOOD NEWS. You'll figure out what babies wear. It's kind of easy...those onezies will come in handy, that's for sure. And you'll be needing swim pants for your mom's pool! Keep up the good work...and a belated happy anniversary :-) Love, Aunt Lynne

    ReplyDelete