Saturday, July 31, 2010

This one's for you, Alexa!

My older sister, Alexa, anxiously awaits my next blog post...so this one is dedicated to you sister!

With less than 10 days to go until the scheduled C Section, I have found myself bored and antsy! I continue to knit lots of baby hats, but I'm feeling a little "over it" at this point. To date, I have knitted 15 hats! They are fun, easy, and fast projects to complete, but I am ready for a change...a bigger challenge! Tomorrow I will begin one final "bedrest" project of a Christmas stocking for Eleanor. I am planning to use my Mom's pattern that she used to knit my childhood stocking. I am very excited about this new endeavour and even plan to knit one for Michael :)

It's strange feeling bored now after all this time laying! I have more freedom now than ever, but simply don't know what to do. Every day I complete one or two small cleaning tasks in preparation for the big day. I have cleaned out the refrigerator, the stove, dusted furniture, and even cleaned the few blinds that I can reach. May not sound like a lot, but for someone who has been laying for nearly 5 months, it's pretty exciting. I know, it's sick to love cleaning so much, but I do! Michael really has done an amazing job caring for both me and the house, but I need my domain back! I'm definitely ready.

Ron is on bedrest today!

15 Baby Hats


3 comments:

  1. yay! Its about time!!!! LOVE the hats! Excited to see you tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup, sounds like you're ready Mommy! Keep up the good work, and the days will just fly by now.
    Hurray! Working on a Christmas stocking. I cannot remember your stocking, Elizabeth, but you've inspired me to get busy with Kali's now. Those second cousins/first cousins, once remove???... will be having their first Christmas in 2010!
    Thinking of you. Love, Aunt Lynne

    P.S. Hello from Bethany Beach, Delaware :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the yellow hats! And the green one! I agree, Christmas stockings are a great idea! Pretty soon you can put down those knitting needles for awhile! Good job, Elizabeth, cleaning and keeping busy. Soon you will have other things to do! And congrats to your cat, Ron, for being there for you through it all! What a super Kitty; he does deserve credit! Have a good day! :) Watching & waiting ;) oo

    ReplyDelete