Monday, August 2, 2010

38 Weeks

38 weeks and we had our last regular doctor appointment today. Yay! Dr. M checked my cervix and I am now dilated to a 2 or 3. According to the doctor, we have nothing to worry about and will make it to the scheduled C Section next Monday. So, while most of you will be sleeping, we will be meeting our daughter at 6AM next Monday, August 9th!

We are getting so excited now and cannot wait! Just a few last minute to-do's and errands, but we are ready! So, I imagine this week will be filled with lots of movies, knitting, and WAITING!

Mentally I feel great, but physically I am starting to fade! Because the baby is breech, her head rests on my ribs throughout the day. The pressure of her body also triggers spasms in my sciatic nerve. It's actually quite amusing to be jolted without any bodily control! Oh well...I would do it forever if I had to to, but I am happy this journey is coming to an end. As much as I've complained about the "curse of the chicken legs", I miss them and want them back! Kankles are just not attractive and don't really suit me! Haha.

I will blog a few more times this week and my sister Alexa will take over while we are in the hospital. Delivery details...TBD!

5 comments:

  1. Oooh, so close and so exciting!! I can't wait to see pics of your beautiful baby girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So excited and happy for you all! Can't wait to see pictures of the sweet little girl when she arrives!

    -Katie Farrell

    ReplyDelete
  3. hmmm, what are "kankles" & "TBD"? so glad to read about your last check-up. I am ready to meet this little girl; cannot tell a lie! "Let's do it, let's do it!" ~Black Eyes Peas!! Looking forward to this day a week from now! Bless your hearts, all of you! love/hugs/smiles!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so exciting! We are all so happy for you! (and on a more selfish note- I cannot wait for you to do hair again! no-one can fill your shoes- be they kankles or chicken legs going into em)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just days now...Uncle Tony wonders why you can't wait till the 11th! That's his birthday!! HA!
    We are so happy that the days are passing quickly now...at least to us, they are.

    Enjoy the weekend, Elizabeth. We'll be waiting for THAT call from your parents :-) Is it going to be "Gramme", Grandmom, Nana, Mimi, Grandma, what???

    Prayers galore. God Bless.

    ReplyDelete