Thursday, August 26, 2010

It's official...I've entered motherhood!

Today was one of my first days alone with Eleanor. Michael was at school and my Mom was playing in a golf tournament. This morning went great! Morning feeding and nap...check! Shower for me & bath for Eleanor...check! I started to feel like a pro as a I picked out my finest "daytime PJ's". We then ventured downstairs for lunch but Eleanor seemed unsettled. What was I to do?! How was I to proceed?! I put her down in the pack n' play and quickly made a grilled cheese sandwich in hopes she would fall asleep long enough for me to eat. That was not the case. After a go around, I discovered a poopy diaper and a hungry tummy. But, she had just been fed and changed less than an hour ago! So, there I sat eating a cold grilled cheese while nursing my little girl. At that moment it became clear...I'm a Mom!

4 comments:

  1. Proud of you Elizabeth!! You're doing great. You and Eleanor are going to have lots of fun together :) ~and even your grilled cheeses will be warm!! Eventually you will be able to go for walks, etc :) Love your updates. Hope you have a great day and weekend doing what makes you happiest. Hi to Michael and Eleanor; Ron & BJ, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Elizabeth, The first of many cold meals! Not to worry, it makes you a better person :-) Thanks for your little blogs, I love hearing how your day is going, love, A.Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think I 'got ready' after a shower for several weeks after Luke was born because of the same reasons!!

    ReplyDelete