Saturday, August 7, 2010

Eleanor's Christmas Stocking

OK, OK...the baby/pregnancy blog has kind of turned into a knitting blog! Knitting has occupied hours of my time and even helped to distract me from the mental ups and downs of bedrest. I have learned so much and gained more patience then I would have ever anticipated. Some people may describe me as a little "hasty", but knitting has helped me to stop and slow down. As any knitter knows, a peaceful knitting experience can quickly turn into a stressful disaster in seconds!

I have almost completed the Christmas stocking and discovered a certain little kitty named BJ really enjoys helping! It's strange because I have been knitting for months and he has paid no attention to me whatsoever. But for some reason, when I work on the stocking, he won't leave my side! He must think it's for him!






The stocking on the right is the one my Mom made me!










Two days until delivery and we are so EXCITED!! Just a few last minute cleaning tasks on my list, then we are ready to go. Tomorrow we are having lunch with Michael's family, then hanging out with my family in the evening. Looking forward to a relaxing day before we meet our little girl :)

3 comments:

  1. I love the stocking! It is so cute and I love that it's the same one your mom made for you. So precious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Janet says come knit stockings tomorrow and have a baby Monday. Yeah!!!

    Love, your Mamma. PS did you notice I could finally sign in ... only took a few months.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Cute stocking(s). Janet is funny: "knit tomorrow; have a baby Monday!" lol You're looking good Elizabeth. BJ really loves watching you knit!! I think he wants a stocking, too! I guess you have your things packed for the big day :) Have fun visiting your family today. Will be tuning in on Monday Eastern Standard Time for the long awaited announcement!

    ReplyDelete