Wednesday, July 21, 2010

To be or not to be (full term), that is the question!

I was under the impression that 36 weeks is "full term", but I have recently read that 37 weeks is technically full term. Which is it?! Sounds like pregnancy controversy to me. It has been such a huge goal of ours to make it to the full term mark and we are so close!

I stopped taking the medicine today at 5am and my body began contracting more than usual. Not painful, but just no real break between contractions. It seemed like my uterus was tight for nearly an hour. So, I emailed my doctor and he said it was no big deal to continue taking the medicine for another few days...until I am technically full term. I feel much better about this because I think as soon as I stop the medicine altogether, I will go into labor within a day or so. Who knows, I could be wrong! Another few days of medicine also allows the baby to get just a little bit bigger.

I am also having mixed emotions about actually going into labor. We have all done everything in our power to avoid it, and now it is knocking on the door. Well guess what, the doorbell is disconnected and nobody is home! I know she has to come out...right?! We are so ready to meet this little lady, but I am nervous. Nervous about when & where labor will hit and how everything will be handled at the hospital. I just want her to be perfect and healthy!

So Monday it is. I will be 37 weeks, we will stop the medicine, and I hope to report back that we are ready! Stay tuned...

5 comments:

  1. Dear Elizabeth: I'm back ; ) checking ever day for your updates! Everything is going perfectly. Your Grandmother Yerkes used to assure 'me' with her comforting smile that when the baby is born, you will be all smiles. My point I'd, everything is going to turn out fine! I know I wasn't blessed with children, but everyone is waiting for the arrival of this little girl. My sister-in-law told said the baby would really be growing now. Anticipation is part of the waiting game. Keep us posted, and before you know it, this blog will be put on hold!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The excitement grow as we all wait for the little lady to show herself. I love hearing about your day's events through the blog ... I hope you continue it after the big day. You are a great writer and story teller. Your followers continue to grow. Stay rested. Love you, Dad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I second that, Todd!! ;) oo aunt sheryl

    ReplyDelete
  4. Duh Duh Duh....Duh Duh DUH DUH DUH.........can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I thought labor and delivery was the best part! So exciting! You finally get to meet your beautiful new baby. Courtney was really nervous too, and she said it was much easier than she expected.

    ReplyDelete