Thursday, July 8, 2010

Dear Bedrest

Dear Bedrest,

I am writing to inform you that this relationship is coming to an end. According to my doctor, you are no longer needed. However, I feel differently. I may continue to stay for another week or so, but please don't feel as if I'm using you. We have spent four months together and you have taught me many things. You provided endless hours of TV watching 90210 and Sex and the City. I learned patience while I knitted numerous projects for my baby girl. We ate every meal together and you never got mad when I spilled. You never questioned my unsightly appearance or asked me to shower more than once a week.

There were times when our relationship was a bit rocky and I didn't know if I could trust you. For that, I am sorry. You never let me down and I should have had more faith.

Even though I am happy this relationship is almost over, I will miss you. I will never forget our time together. After the baby is born, I will be very busy, but I do promise to stop by from time to time to say hello. We now have a past. Thank you for everything my dearest bedrest.

Love always,
Elizabeth

5 comments:

  1. Bedrest may be a thing of the past, Elizabeth, but you'll never really forget it. I can still remember my last six weeks, before Andrew was born...I had bedrest. It was such a reflective time of a pregnancy. You did it! What a good job, too. The next six weeks will fly by now, right! You've had such a wonderful bonding, haven't you? Take GOOD care and rest as often as you feel you need it. Love you, Aunt Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  2. With bedrest over maybe you can finally get some rest.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Elizabeth,

    Well I just read your blog end-to-end and enjoyed a great cry. Auntie Lexi has been giving me frequent updates, but I really enjoyed seeing the pictures and hearing your voice. Thanks for sharing!

    I am so excited for you and Michael as the time nears for you to meet your daughter. Sweet joy! We are all celebrating with you!

    Love,
    Katie (yes, from GNE, but not the running partner, well, sometimes the running partner, but not the serious running partner, aka Phin's mama)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for you!!! Love the clever letter to "bedrest". We are so happy to see you get to this point and we admire your courage...and your talent at knitting. Let's hope for a long cold winter so that baby Eleanor can wear each and every stylish cap. Or maybe we should wish for a long summer so that she can start in on the 100 onesies??? :) We love you! You and Michael are doing did an awesome job of making it through bedrest. --Love, the Todd Yerkes family

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Elizabeth! Aunt Lynne helped me to finally figure out how to sign in on Google to post comments! Hoorah; hope this works! No more emails; I can post u comments! I like your Dad's comment about getting some rest now that you're off of bedrest. He really has a way with words. So funny!!
    You & Michael had a good weekend. Tom was cleaning out clutter too! Threw out a lot of his beloved computer magazines. :) We went to a store that had lots of knitted hats. I was thinking of u! :) You sure are a wiz' at knitting! ps: lv that imaginery baby picture at the top of this blog! Have a good day. It's going to be 90 or so here but the humidity isn't supposed to be as bad. Hi to baby Eleanor!! lv, auntee sheryl

    ReplyDelete