Monday, July 19, 2010

36 Weeks

HOORAY for 36 weeks!! My doctor asked me today if I ever thought I would make it this far and my answer was, "Yeah...I guess so". Even though the answer to this question has changed many times throughout the pregnancy, I did think it was possible. Like the little engine that could! I think I can, I think I can...

Today's doctor visit was filled with questions about labor & delivery and we even scheduled an appointment for the C section at 39 weeks. Doctor M thinks I will make it another 3 weeks, so mark your calendars for August 9th! Eleanor has grown quite a bit in just one week and now weighs 6 lbs. He noted that she has quite a bit of hair and her fat layers are increasing. No cervical check today because things appear unchanged from last week. Also, there is no reason to put my body through an unneeded internal exam. So that's the doctor report...I think it was the best one yet :)

Michael, my Mom, and I ventured to Babies r Us after the doctors visit today. We had a few last minute items to cross off the list before the big day. I think it safe to say, WE ARE READY!! I attempted to shop, but got tired after only 15 minutes. My feet swelled so much they were unrecognizable. Kinda funny. My sister Alexa likes to laugh at the "kankles" and chubby legs! It is quite a sight to see on someone who normally has "chicken legs"!

I go off my anti-contraction medication tomorrow, so we will see what happens. No research has proven its reliability, but something sure has worked. A little nervous to stop taking it, because I have taken it around the clock since 22 weeks.

This week will be filled with knitting, resting, and last minute organizing around the house (if I am allowed!). I will continue to lay the majority of the day because it seems to work. Plus, I better soak up all the royal treatment I can before this little lady arrives!

Michael, Mom & the new baby bouncer


3 comments:

  1. Yeah! You've made it so far. It's amazing! Soak up the pampering now, once the little lady comes it will be all about pampering her! :) It feels good to be ready huh? Once Joel's room was ready I thought, ok now he can come. And then it was 5 weeks later. Ha ha! What a stinker! OH well! Still praying for you guys! :)
    Bethany

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look wonderful, diaper bag and all! And I hear you've knitted THE most adorable hat, yet. Swirl??? I NEED that pattern, Elizabeth. Sounds like one Kali will need for winter! Keep up the good work. These last days/weeks before delivery are so filled with anticipation. Those little swollen ankles will disappear immediately after birth :-) We CANNOT wait. Every time your mom calls me, I think, this is the day. We're getting so excited for the Rand family. Love you,A.Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so happy for you, Michael and Grandma and Grandpa! A baby is an incredible blessing in a family's life. These last weeks are tough, but the reward is so worth it. Baby Luke is 5 months old on Saturday and the time has literally flown by. Enjoy every moment, they are all special. Love to the Rands and the Zims....

    ReplyDelete