Tuesday, July 13, 2010

35 Weeks

Yesterday was our weekly doctor appointment and things are still going! Baby weighs 5 lbs. 2 oz. and is still in breech position. Her butt is wedged low in my pelvis and the odds of her flipping are slim. So, a C section is likely to occur at this point. My cervix has thinned out almost entirely, so doc estimates two weeks until delivery. If she doesn't arrive (and doesn't flip), a C section will be scheduled for 39 weeks. So, either way, our little lady will be arriving in 2 - 4 weeks! So exciting to think about!! Can't wait to see what she looks like. The question of the hour is, what color is her hair?! Light or dark? Taking all bets now.

We have been preparing as much as possible, but I still feel like we have a lot to do. I have a last minute list of baby essentials (i.e. thermometer, diapers & wipes, and bathing supplies), then we should be good to go. Not the end of the world if I don't have everything done, but I like to be prepared and organized.

I continue to rest the majority of the day. Still knitting tons of baby hats, which I love! They are fun, creative, and quick projects to complete. Yesterday was occupied by washing and organizing every article of baby clothing we have. My Mom went up and down the stairs about ten times to the laundry room! Thank you Mom!

I also continue to have contractions every day, and I keep wondering when the "real deal" will hit. A little nervous about actually being in labor since we have been avoiding that notion for four months! Seems contrary to every thought or action, but I keep telling myself it is OK now!!

6 comments:

  1. It IS okay Now Elizabeth. All your feelings of anticipation are normal! You're in good hands with your doctor. He is taking good care of you. You're doing a wonderful job. Relaxing and waiting is a good thing I think! Keep knitting those hats 'cause you like doing that! ;) Sounds like everything is under control. Michael is right there and your Mom is a big help. Nice that you made an entry on your blog. I look forward to your baby news. Eleanor has really grown at 5 lbs./2 oz.! Do you think she'll like peanut butter sandwiches when she's a little girl! It was great reading your blog. You have a nice night and just chill out on that sofa if you want to! Everything is going to be fine :) l,a.sheryl

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Liz, I'm so glad that you have been posting on here so frequently. :) Is anyone going to throw you a baby shower after Eleanor is born? Let me know! I'm still praying for you guys and I am so so excited that you have made it this far. Not too long and you'll be holding her. How wonderful! :) My bet is her hair is dark. We'll see!
    Bethany

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Bethany, I bet Eleanor will have dark hair! Sorry Michael. I had lots and lots of dark hair my Mom said! Alexa had lots of dark hair. You have dark hair. Abby had dark hair if I remember correctly. Your Mom has dark hair. Your Dad has the healthiest head of hair I ever saw!! BUT! we'll see, won't we!! We just have to wait!! :) l,a.sheryl

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm wondering if she might have light hair like me? Maybe dark at birth later turning lighter red? The anticipation grows. Stay well rested...love you, Dad.

    ReplyDelete
  5. 5 lbs that's awesome!! She won't even be a preemie will she!? And I'm guessing light brown hair...

    ReplyDelete
  6. now whose taking bets that Eleanor will be born on her Grand Dad Todd's birthday or her Grand Mama Janet's birthday. Her cousin Andrew Yerkes was born on the 23rd! Ooo, this month is a busy one! As far as hair, what do you think: Michael's color hair and eyes? That would be a first with all of the brunette's in this family. Alexa has blond hair now, but didn't at birth!! Hope u r laying back & keeping cool, Elizabeth. It was 100 degrees in my car when I came out of work a half hour ago at 4:30 p.m. We'll be keeping a close eye on email or your blog. :) a. sheryl

    ReplyDelete