Tuesday, June 15, 2010

31 weeks...My ribs hurt!

One of the possible side effects of pregnancy are achy ribs and mine are sore due to the expanded uterus...but I'm not complaining, I still love every minute of it!

The reason I am on bedrest is because I have been having contractions since the middle of March. My doctor decided it would best to stop working and rest as much as possible. The first few weeks went pretty smooth, but at 22 weeks my cervix shortened and things became more serious. At that point my doc game me steroid injections to help the baby's lungs mature in case of delivery. As the weeks began to pass, so did 2 major "safe zones". Baby viability is considered at 24 weeks & survival rates increase to 96 % at 28 weeks. Heading toward 32weeks feels great with almost no risk of cerebral palsy for the baby. Next milestone, 34 weeks! A possible release date from bedrest. I still have contractions daily, so I take medicine every few hours that relaxes the uterus and prevents labor. I have also tried to eliminate any sources of stress and anxiety from my life.

I pass my time by knitting, watching movies, watching my TV shows (cooking shows, 90210, Sex & the City, the Bachelorette, Tori & Dean), checking email, and snuggling with my kitties. Yes, there is not a lot to do while on bedrest. I get to take a shower once a week and I only get up to go to the restroom and refill my water bottle. Ha! I spend all morning in bed and move to the sofa for lunch in the afternoon.

Alexa is the best helper ever! She made me grilled cheese today...and yes, this is written by Alexa!

No comments:

Post a Comment