Sunday, June 27, 2010

Sunday "Funday"

There used to be a time when Sundays were filled with friends, family, beer & food. Boy, how times have changed! I now look forward to Sundays for a different reason...I get to take my weekly shower! It truly is an amazing thing to take a shower after going a whole week without one. I dare you to try it! Just another small sacrifice for the lady of my dreams :)

Michael was busy today cleaning, doing laundry & cooking meals...he also shaved my legs with his electric razor! Desperate times, call for desperate measures. He is one amazing husband who loves me so much and I am so thankful to have him in my life!

Diet Report: I have been managing my Gestational Diabetes fairly well over the past week and it seems to be under control. Two words: peanut butter. Peanut butter on toast, peanut butter on apples, peanut butter on everything! Because protein offsets carbs, PB is a great addition to the diet. Along with diet change, the number of contractions I've been having has changed as well. This past week they have lessened which makes me very happy. Not sure if it's related to diet and blood sugar levels, but we'll take it!

3 comments:

  1. Hi Elizabeth! This is your cousin Jonathan. I heard about your blog from Lynn -- it's so nice to hear that you're doing well. Big day today, with that shower and all! Small victories, I suppose. We're all thinking of you and looking forward to seeing you guys soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Finally! We finally figured out how to post! So excited to read this post! We are thinking and praying for you guys! We have ideas for more protein!! Blend up tofu in your smoothie or put FAGE yogurt in them! So good and you cant even taste it. Fage has a ton of protein. Mel will call you with more options. You will need them as soon as the baby comes cause you will be even MORE hungry and tired and your body will need protein! We love and miss you and cant wait for more updates! Kris & Mel

    ReplyDelete
  3. well this is #2 post I hope. your are doing a great job keep it up only a little while longer. Bedrest continues to be important. These are Elinore's growing weeks. We want her fat and sassy. I'm finlly home so hopefully I'll see your mom this week. God is with you.
    Kris

    ReplyDelete